Event Rules & Regulations
PCB West Show Management has the right to enforce and amend all rules and regulations. PCB West Show Management’s decision on such matters shall be final.
The aisles are the property of PCB West Show Management. Aisles shall remain completely clear and unobstructed during exhibit hours. In addition, any portion of a booth display, product, or demonstration may not extend into any aisle at any time.
Damage to Venue or Property
Exhibitors and their contractors are liable for damage to venue or property beyond ordinary wear and tear. To minimize such damages, please follow the basic rules outlined below:
- Metal-wheeled carts, hotel bell carts are NOT permitted on the show floor by exhibitors.
- Dragging of heavy objects, i.e. freight crates, fiber cases, etc. across carpet is not permitted.
- Nails, tacks, staples, stickers, tape, Velcro or anything similar cannot be used to attach things to walls, columns, windows, booth piping, drapes and/or doors.
- No exhibiting company shall bring in heavy equipment to display in booth without prior approval from show mgt. All requests can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Taping down of power cords, outlets, etc. to ballroom carpet is only to be done by employees of the convention center and/or the official show decorator. Additional booth carpet is available through TriCord Tradeshow Services.
As a matter of safety and courtesy to others, exhibitors should conduct sales presentations and product demonstrations in a manner that assures all exhibitor personnel and attendees are within the contracted exhibit space and not encroaching on the aisle or neighboring exhibits. It is the responsibility of each exhibitor to arrange displays, product presentations, audio visual presentations and demonstration areas to ensure compliance. Demonstrations that produce sound must be operated so as not to prove disturbing to other exhibitors. The sound/noise emanating from a booth may not exceed an average of 80 decibels as measured from mid-aisle. Show Management has the right to enforce this rule to continue to maintain a fair exhibiting environment to all exhibitors.
- All booths, regardless of size, must be in keeping with the environment at PCB West.
- Absolutely no booth display materials, signs, stickers, banners, etc. may be hung, nailed, tacked, taped otherwise affixed to drapery, walls, windows, columns, painted surfaces, ceilings, etc. Damages resulting from the improper use of these materials will be charged directly to the exhibitor.
- Any display deemed unprofessional in appearance, at the sole discretion of show management, will not be permitted.
- Drapery backgrounds are 8-ft. high, with 3-ft. high side rails. ID signs are approximately 44” x 7”.
- Displays may not exceed the 8-ft. high limit of the drape backdrop
- Pop up banners or any booth display may not entirely block the 3ft side of the booth. Show management may move at their own discretion.
- Tabletop displays, when placed on the table, may not exceed the 8-ft. high limit of the drape backdrop.
- The Mission City Ballroom ceiling height maximum is 16 ft.
- The Mission City Ballroom IS carpeted. Additional carpet and padding can be ordered through TriCord Trade Show Services.
- All booth displays and materials must be kept within assigned booth space.
- Any heavy equipment must be preapproved by show mgmt. before being placed in the booths.
- Standing on chairs, tables and other rental furniture is prohibited. This furniture is not engineered to support your standing weight.
- Compressed air or gas is not allowed in the Mission City Ballroom.
Admission will be by official event badge only. Identification badges are not transferable. Only contracted exhibitors shall receive “Exhibitor” designated badges. Exhibitors’ customers and contractor personnel may not be registered as booth personnel. The exhibitor shall have an authorized representative present at the exhibition throughout all exhibit periods and during the installation and dismantling of the exhibit. False certification of an individual as an exhibitor’s representative, misuse of an exhibitor’s badge or any other method or device used to assist unauthorized personnel to gain admittance to the exhibit floor will be just cause for expulsion from the event.
Please have all exhibit staff register by August 12.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE (INCLUDING ALCOHOLIC)
Alcoholic beverages are not allowed in the exhibit hall at any time, except during the Evening Reception. Exhibitors are not permitted to serve or consume alcoholic beverages on the show floor at any time during move-in or move-out.
Outside food and beverage is not allowed in the exhibit hall at any time during move-in, show days and move-out.
Food and beverage may be offered in your booth space during the Evening Reception. If you wish to provide any food & beverage in your booth during the Evening Reception, please contact Show Management for approval.
Literature, samples and other promotional materials may only be handed out within the confines of contracted booth or sponsorship space. No signs, stickers, literature or posters may be distributed or posted outside your booth (e.g., aisles, registration area, other booths, show signage, classrooms, etc.). Any materials found will be discarded immediately!
HOSPITALITY EVENTS (ON- AND OFF-SITE)
All meeting room, hospitality suites and off-site networking events [scheduled for any time Monday, September 7 – Friday, September 11] MUST BE APPROVED in advance through Show Management.
Exhibitors who desire to conduct off-site or onsite networking events MAY NOT hold such events during official program hours without the written consent of Show Management.
Violators of this rule may be subjected to strict penalties, including but not limited to:
- Booth size will be reduced by 50%.
- Company may be barred from exhibiting altogether.
Functions that will require approval include, but are not limited to, luncheons, breakfasts, hospitality suites, social events, parties, large meetings or any event that takes place during official program hours.
Both the headquarters hotel and the convention center are required to alert show management to any requests for space during PCB West 2020.
To submit a request, please fill out the form below https://www.pcbwest.com/exhibit/exhibitor-event-request-form
MOTORIZED VEHICLES, SCOOTERS AND CARTS
Recreational motorized/mechanical vehicles and scooters are not allowed within the facility. For safety reasons, motorized carts including Segways, are not allowed in any public areas including the lobby. ADA needs will be accommodated.
|Tuesday, September 8||10:00am – 5:00 pm|
|Wednesday, September 9||8:00 am – 9:00 am|
All booths must be set by 9:00 am for show management walk-through and approval. If not set by 9:00 am show management retains the right to push labor to set up booth. Labor fees will be charged to the exhibiting company.
|Wednesday, September 9||6:00 pm – 9:00 pm|
ANY BOOTH TEARDOWN PRIOR TO 6 PM IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN. PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY EXHIBITOR WHO BEGINS TEARDOWN PRIOR TO 6 PM FORFEITS EXHIBITING AT PCB WEST 2021.
Taking pictures or recording within the prefunction area, exhibit hall and meeting rooms at any time is prohibited. Show management is the official photographer and videographer. Picture taking or video recording of an exhibitor’s own booth may be permitted upon written request to email@example.com. Please direct such requests to show management for approval. Show management reserves the right to deny any such requests.
For shipping information, please see TRICORD Official Show Decorator Kit. Please note no booths or booth items may be shipped directly to the Santa Clara Convention Center. They will be refused.
24-hour perimeter security is provided.
Each exhibitor is entitled to a reasonable sightline from the aisle regardless of the size of the exhibit. Exhibitors are requested to use the good neighbor policy when designing exhibit space as to not impede with neighboring exhibitors. Exhibitors should also ensure their booth structure, exhibit components and hanging signs are compliant with the event display regulations.
Upon request from PCB West show management, exhibitors will be required to furnish such diagrams with the understanding that these diagrams may be shared with exhibitors adjacent to their booth.
The Convention Center is a non-smoking facility. By state law and in the interest of public health, the Santa Clara Convention Center has adopted a non-smoking policy. There are designated areas outside the building where smoking is permitted.
PCB West does not permit solicitation from non-exhibiting companies. Any individual that is observed participating in activities to solicit or sell products to attendees or exhibitors without having a booth at the event (which is known as suitcasing) will be asked to leave immediately and will be banned from attending or exhibiting at PCB West for one year for the first offense and five years for the second offense. Please report suitcasing activities to PCB West Show Management immediately.
Tampering with another party’s exhibit or any show management property will not be tolerated. In such a case, the offender will be immediately removed from the exhibit area at his/her own expense and will be restricted from future participation. Security has the authority to eject any person that is behaving in an unprofessional manner.
No weapons are allowed at PCB West, including but not limited to explosives (including fireworks), guns, and large knives, as well as any other item used for the purpose of causing injury or harm to others. Anyone seen in possession of one of these items will be asked to leave immediately. Attendees and exhibitors are also expected to comply with all state and local laws on this matter.